MAY seems like a long time ago. It felt like a pretty long month, too. Peppered with a few happy moments, a lot of self-talk (as usual), reminiscing Bangkok, and generally (thankfully!) uneventful:
- the 1st day of May, Labour Day, Ming and I ran our 3rd race together! Our 4th race together will happen this Sunday, and I can’t wait to earn more race bling;
- the 2nd day of May, I found some MAGGOTS crawling around in the fridge – they came from the whole guavas I bought! The old me would have cried, whined, complained, beat myself up over it – but the NOW me? The now me laughed about it and promptly scooped all ’em maggots up and threw ’em away. They feel like tiny sponges by the way. ;P I think I can manage my emotions better now than to let myself get upset over insignificant stuff like that. LUCKY I discovered them before I packed them into my lunch box – could’ve ruined my whole lunch! Also, if you look at it from the “life lesson” angle, some people are full of maggots but we don’t know it yet. When the maggots come crawling out of these people, we chuck them out of our lives instead of letting them stay and ruin us. Geddit?;
- the 6th day of May, Thai Fest happened! I had to go! Felt like I was back in Bangkok for those few moments. Admired ’em fairy floss in the prettiest neons AHHH…. but didn’t buy any cos I felt they were too pricey, yikes….;
- Mother’s Day weekend – made unicorn Minion cards for my colleagues, and distributed them along with Cadbury chocolates; bought bunch of flowers for my neighbours, and the mother. And of course a gift for her! A special one. :)
Apart from the above highlights, the month went by with a lot of thinking, about/of….
- the way I was in the past and that I should NEVER allow myself to go back to where I was;
- being inspired to keep on keeping on, looking at another weight loss blog award I won;
- how I should keep chasing after my goals;
- how important it is to be a good person, putting myself in others’ shoes;
- why it’s important to always be grateful for everything in life; even if I don’t think I’m lucky, I AM; and
- 8627697202752651 other thoughts reflecting on life and its shenanigans.