WOW. SO MUCH HAPPENED IN JULY. Bit too much, I don’t know where to begin. I’ll take it chronologically then.
The gist? July was about CELEBRATIONS. And looking at myself again.
- 8 July: Ming’s birthday. I took us on a surprise staycation at Hotel Jen Orchardgateway.
- 13 July: Someone actually gave me a Fitbit Surge! Like, she just told me to take it and use it. In fact, before she did that, someone else offered to give me hers, too. I had considered the Surge for a while. My Charge HR was going a little “off” in tracking and I thought the Surge would be a good replacement. The Universe has a funny way of giving back – and I think this Surge is its way of telling me that it didn’t forget me. It’s quite amazing! :)
- 16 July: The 4th anniversary of my quitting Diet Coke and making a lifestyle change. I began using MyFitnessPal this day, 4 years ago. I also took us on a surprise art jamming sesh to celebrate our 14th anniversary together. :)
- 18 July: I made new friends.
- 20 July: Our actual 14th anniversary!
- 24 July: I raced my first public 10K, at the Shape Run (with my Surge on my wrist, heh). Although I’d been training longer distances, that was my very first 10K race. Proud, hurr. ;D My medal? I dedicate it to Ming. :)
The entire month, I was – would “plagued” be the right word? – plagued. With thoughts of how others look at me vs. how I look at myself. IDK…. It seems like these thoughts were really, really strong throughout July, and even carried over to August. It was triggered by an unkind remark, actually. I’m still trying to SEE ME clearly. I guess I’ll say I’m troubled. Right now, I only seek peace. I’m trying to sort out my thoughts. After all, we’ve got only one life to live. It’s important that whilst we fight for our goals, we’re happy too. Isn’t happiness the most important thing? I’ll find my HAPPY. I’ll find it. :)